By Lim Mei Ying, Stefan Gosner, Andrew Connell, Angus Logan
This e-book has the main in depth-coverage of vital MCMS improvement themes came across at any place. each one writer of the booklet is a well known professional within the area
- Learn without delay from famous neighborhood specialists
- Extensive assurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Get Sharepoint and MCMS operating jointly
- InfoPath, RSS and sizzling subject matters lined
Microsoft content material administration Server 2002 is a dynamic internet publishing approach with that you can construct web pages fast and cost-efficiently. MCMS presents the management, authoring, and information administration performance, and also you give you the site interface, good judgment, and workflow. Microsoft SharePoint Portal Server (SPS) additionally good points within the booklet. SPS 2003 permits agencies to installation an clever portal that seamlessly connects clients, groups, and data in order that humans can benefit from proper details throughout enterprise techniques to aid them paintings extra efficiently.
You've mastered the fundamentals of MCMS, and setup your personal MCMS install. you could have basically scratched the skin. This e-book is your gateway to squeezing each penny out of your funding in MCMS and SPS, and making those purposes interact to supply an excellent richness of content material supply and simple maintainability.
As a developer, the Publishing API (PAPI) is on the center of your paintings with MCMS, and this e-book starts off through taking you at the such a lot specific journey of the PAPI you can find at any place. As a reside instance, an element that unearths the constitution of your MCMS web site is created, taking you thru tips on how to deal with the typical components of MCMS programmatically.
Getting SharePoint and MCMS to interact is the following cease within the e-book. you will discover how one can use SharePoint's seek engine to go looking MCMS content material, post content material among the 2 platforms, and create SharePoint net elements to attract content material from MCMS.
To ease your daily paintings with MCMS, there are chapters on placeholder validation, and a few worthwhile customized placeholders for universal MCMS projects, resembling a date-time picker, a placeholder for a number of attachments, and a DataGrid placeholder between others.
There are a few how you can eat MCMS content material from the surface international, and we glance at intriguing methods right here; RSS and InfoPath/Web prone. The InfoPath resolution presents one other interface to MCMS content material that enables content material authors to pay attention to content material and never the presentation.
What you'll research from this e-book?
- Extensive assurance of the Publishing API (PAPI)
- Managing Channels and Postings with the PAPI
- Managing Templates, Template Galleries, assets, and clients with the PAPI
- Getting Sharepoint and MCMS to interact
- Publishing content material among MCMS and SharePoint
- Preparing postings for seek indexing
- Creating Sharepoint net elements to reveal MCMS info
- Creating strong customized Placeholder Controls
- Adding validation to Placeholder Controls
- Combining InfoPath, net prone and MCMS's strong content material repository
- Using RSS to syndicate content material out of your web site, and show content material from different websites
- Staging static types of your pages
- A extra 60 pages of beneficial MCMS suggestions and tips
Who this e-book is written for?
This publication is written for builders who are looking to the abilities to completely make the most the ability of MCMS and SPS. The ebook presumes a operating wisdom of MCMS, the .NET Framework and familiarity with the C# language. the entire code examples are in C#.
Read or Download Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration PDF
Similar microsoft books
This examination is designed to validate home windows Server 2003 Microsoft qualified platforms directors (MCSAs) advert and alertness Platform Technical experts abilities. the item of this examination is to validate in basic terms the talents which are are diverse from the present MCSA talents. This examination will satisfy the home windows Server 2008 expertise expert specifications of checks 70-640 and 70-643.
Revised and up-to-date to hide adjustments to all of Office's purposes and productiveness toolsOffers beyond-the-basics insurance of place of work be aware processing, spreadsheets, shows, electronic mail, databases, and machine publishingCovers observe, Excel, entry, PowerPoint, Outlook, writer, productiveness instruments resembling Microsoft OneNote, and SharePointThoroughly up-to-date to hide the hot workplace interface in addition to new gains in each one program
Titel:Einführung in die Projektarbeit mit Microsoft venture 2013 und venture Server, Anzahl Seiten:150, Autor:Holert Renke, Veröffentlichungsdatum:Juni 2013
- Implementing, Managing, and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure
- Microsoft Excel 2000 : advanced
- MCSE upgrading from Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 to Microsoft Windows 2000 study guide (Exam 70-222)
- Microsoft Project 2010 (Microsoft Official Academic Course)
- Microsoft Office 2007: Advanced Concepts and Techniques
- Microsoft Office 2010 inside out
Additional info for Advanced Microsoft Content Management Server MCMS: Working with the Publishing API, Placeholders, Search, Web Services, RSS, and Sharepoint Integration
Aspx web form and give the DataGrid the following property values: Property Value Auto Format Simple 3 Font-Size 10pt ID DataGrid1 Below the Page_Load() event handler, add the ListProperties() method. GetProperties() method to retrieve a collection of all properties associated with the hierarchy item. Next, iterate through each property of the current ChannelItem and add each one as a row to the DataTable. GetValue() and passing in the hierarchy item as an input parameter. Finally, we bind the DataTable to the DataGrid.
3. Change the NRMODE querystring parameter of the ugly URL from Unpublished to Published. Delete the WBCMODE querystring parameter. htm? NRMODE=Published&wbc_purpose=Basic 9 Building CMS Explorer 4. Click the Go button next to the address bar of the browser. Notice that the Switch To Live Site button changes back to the Switch To Edit Site button! You have effectively changed from Unpublished mode back to Published mode. This test shows how publishing modes in MCMS can be controlled by playing around with the querystring of the generated ugly URL.
Information about the channel is available from the property. If it isn't null, the DataGrid uses that as the start channel. Otherwise, the root container is assigned to startItem. Channel For template galleries and resource galleries, the current gallery item can't be obtained from the current CmsHttpContext. For these objects, the PAPI gets the GUID of the working container from the CMSObjectGuid querystring parameter we inserted earlier. 15 Building CMS Explorer Rendering Collections in a DataGrid Our next task is to display a list of objects held by a given container in a DataGrid.